December 16, 2008

Tips for Traveling Needed!!!

The last time we traveled with my daughter she was only 6 months old. At the time her diet was just breastmilk and purees. All of these food items traveled easily. I had to be extremely careful to avoid milk and eggs in what I ate while dining out....but that is another story.

We are traveling for Christmas and will need to provide 1 dinner, 1 breakfast, and 1 lunch all while in an airport. We have Hannah on soy milk and soy formula and so we will bring soy formula with us. That part is easy. What about food? I cannot imagine that they will allow a tupperware full of cooked peas and carrots but I may be wrong. Anyone have any experience with this?

I am prepared with cheerios, dried apples, and graham crackers but she cannot just eat that for 3 meals! LOL

3 comments:

Allergy Mom said...

You shouldn't have any problems with the peas and carrots, or sandwiches, or any other food! Last time we traveled with our son, the security people were only concerned with liquids. TSA.gov has the guidelines, which I had printed out and taken with me, just in case we had issues. (We didn't.) Have a nice trip!

rachel vaughn said...

you can bring any food you need for your trip. the guidelines are here: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/formula.shtm
Just have them in a separate container. I brought all of my food for the entire day when i traveled over thanksgiving (but i don't think i brought any liquids). they asked me if i had any liquids for the baby, but it was all in my boobs, and thankfully they don't have to check that!

Maleah said...

Thank you for the comments. I will bring steam veggies with us!