December 27, 2008

Traveling Recap

Overall our trip to Colorado was uneventful. We were able to bring all of my daughter's snacks, cooked vegetables, and soy formula on the plane and through security with no problems. On our return flight we even brought a sippy cup of real soy milk as well. Again no problems, we just had to declare the items during the security screening.

I must share a non-allergy related traveling story with you all! Christmas Day my daughter had the stomach flu....not fun. However, by the late afternoon/evening she was able to keep down pedialyte, apple juice, and cheerios. Before bed she even had a bottle of soy milk. The next day was our scheduled return flight. Weather in Colorado was really bad but after several delays we were finally able to take off. Baby girl did great and fell asleep for most of the flight. She woke up just before landing and the turbulence was awful. Just before landing she threw up EVERYWHERE!!! I, of course, had a change of clothes for her but nothing for my husband or I. I washed by shirt in the airport bathroom sink and had to dry it using the hand dryers. LOL The second flight was uneventful and my baby girl ate cheerios, graham crackers, and apple juice throughout the day with no problems. Once we landed we were starving and so we stopped at Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner (BTW- they are very helpful and will make your salmon, steak, or chicken and vegetables with no butter). My daughter was very hungry and ate her vegetables and salmon really well. At the end of dinner she pooped. I picked her up to change her diaper only to find that she had exploded out of her diaper. She needed another clothing change, as did I, I had now had poop juice on my shirt. Needless to say, it was a really long and very MESSY day.

No comments: