January 27, 2009

Fruit Smoothies

My pregnant body has been craving smoothies lately. So after a huge grocery shopping trip for my 2 weeks worth of groceries, I finally had all the ingredients needed for one. My daughter absolutely loved them as well. And I bet that I could put some in a sippy cup just for her.

All measurements are approximate....I tend to eyeball it to get the right texture.

1 cup frozen fruit
1 container soy yogurt
1 cup dairy/soy free coconut ice cream
1/2 cup-1 cup of juice

Strawberry and Mango
-1 cup frozen strawberries and mangoes
-1 container strawberry soy yogurt
-1 cup dairy/soy free coconut ice cream
-1/2 cup orange juice

Blueberry
-1 cup frozen blueberries
-1 container blueberry soy yogurt
-1 cup dairy/soy free coconut ice cream
-1/2 cup grape juice (made the smoothie really blue)

Peach and Mango
-1 cup frozen mangoes
-1 container peach soy yogurt
-1 cup dairy/soy free coconut ice cream
-1/2 can of peaches with the juice

No comments: