January 22, 2009

Starbucks

I wish that more places (like Starbucks) had more vegan options, peanut-free options, gluten-free options, etc to match peoples dietary and food allergy needs. I would love to be able to take my daughter out and buy her a cookie or piece of cake and know that it is safe. Right now she is only one-year-old and so it is really easy for my husband and I to order whatever we want...as long as we have a 'safe' option for her to eat while we eat. I know that this will become more and more difficult as she gets older until she gets old enough to fully understand her food allergies. My ultimate hope is that she will outgrow her mild food allergies and this will never become an issue. Until then, I will continue to search out places that my daughter can eat worry-free.

I came across this blog entry in which Starbucks is doing research as to whether or not people would want gluten-free options available on the menu. I do not need gluten-free options, however, I do feel that it is a step in the right direction.

No comments: