June 16, 2009

Amy's Frozen Meals

I love to have a hot lunch while at work. I don't do take-out or fast food and I don't always have leftovers available. My solution has been frozen dinner's by Amy's Kitchen. They are a bit pricey but I love the quality of the meals. All of Amy's meals are vegetarian (so no eggs) and are peanut free as well. They offer many options that are gluten-free and/or dairy-free. Some products do contain tree nuts though.

Amy's website publishes the following regarding food allergies:


Amy’s is sensitive to the dietary needs and concerns of our consumers. At Amy’s Kitchen we understand that 1 in 25 people in the United States suffer from a food allergy.
While some common food allergies include: dairy, soy and tree nuts, several other allergies once thought to be uncommon are on the rise, especially among young infants and children. Amy’s Kitchen clearly posts all ingredients on our box panels and on our website to help you to select the right meals for you and your family.


The dairy-free frozen options that I like include:

Pot pies- Mexican Tamale Pie, Shepard's Pie, Non-Dairy Vegetable Pot Pie


Entrees- Black Bean & Vegetable Enchilada


Whole Meals- Bean Bean Enchilada Whole Meal, Veggie Loaf Whole Meal


Indian Meals- Indian Mattar Tofu


For a complete list of their dairy-free options click here.


This is my favorite option-


I have never given any of these to my daughter though. I frozen meals are just for work.

No comments: