July 8, 2009

Sweet Potato Grill Pockets

I love sweet potatoes and love to find new a fun ways to cook them. I modified this recipe from one that I found on allrecipes.com.

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 apple, peeled and sliced (Granny Smith works well)
4 TBS soy margarine
4 TBS brown sugar
aluminum foil

Tear off 4 large sheets of aluminum foil. Place 1/4 of the sliced sweet potatoes on each sheet. Place 1/4 of the sliced apple on top of sweet potatoes. Top each with 1 TBS soy margarine and 1 TBS brown sugar. Use foil to create packet. Grill on medium for 30 minutes, turning over at least once.

Makes 4 servings.

2 comments:

wilson said...

Sounds delicious! I'll have to try it. I am always making sweet potato fries. They are my favorite!

Jeanette said...

I'll have to try this. We usually just did butter and (white)sugar/cinnamon mixture which was tasty too.