August 25, 2009

Elmination Diet

After some debate, my husband and I decided to go ahead and try the elimination diet. Our main motivation factor was sleep. A happy baby sleeps better. A baby that sleeps better means having a mommy that sleeps better. A mommy that sleeps better is a happy mommy. So the diet began on Friday.

One comment that I see and hear a lot is "well, what do you eat?". So posts over the next few weeks will be dedicated to just that. What do I eat and what don't I eat? How do I still get some diversity in my diet? How do I get enough calories as to not affect my milk supply?

Foods that I am eliminating:
Dairy
Eggs
Peanuts, tree nuts (first 3 had been eliminated during the pregnancy)
Soy
Wheat
Corn
Oats
Beans
Gassy vegetables like broccoli
Citrus fruits
Fish
Beef

Foods that I eat:
Rice
Chicken and turkey
Sweet potatoes
Potatoes
Squash
Fruits

Sounds pretty boring, huh?

3 comments:

rachel vaughn said...

okay, i'll try to remember some of the foods i ate at that stage.
rice yogurt?
i'll think of more.

Maleah said...

I decided to keep coconut milk yogurt in my diet for now.

Anonymous said...

I have stumbled across your blog as a Mom of an allergic child too...congrats on the new addition. GL with your food elimination diet. My husband is doing that same elimination as he has horrible ezcema. For my son (2 yo), we have only done dairy and soy so far.