September 24, 2009

Outback Steakhouse

My new diet is making it nearly impossible to actually eat out. However, for my husbands birthday we decided to go to Outback Steakhouse. We have had good success eating there before as the nutritional guide online helps with food allergies. I have found that I can order salmon, chicken, or steak with a side of veggies and a sweet potato and have an allergy-friendly meal. Recently my husband e-mailed them to find out more allergy info and they promptly responded with a complete list of 'don't eat' and 'safe to eat' suggestions.

FYI- the bread is both dairy and egg free!!! Just avoid the side of butter.

2 comments:

Karen said...

We have gone to the Keg twice with our allergic child.

The chef came out to see us the time we went to the Keg in Niagra Falls, Canada, to talk to us about our allergies.

Unknown said...

We are going to eat there tonight but they don't answer email on the weekends and we found out about this late last night. Can you post the email with the complete allergy breakdown of the menu? My son is allergic to eggs. :-) Thanks! I'd ask you to email it to me but I don't want to post my personal email address. If you have a secure way for me to give you my email address or you are able to respond to me privately based on my sign-in, I'd love to have the info in my inbox.