November 12, 2009

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

During my pregnancy with Baby E, I craved chocolate. In all forms. I drank hot chocolate daily, ate chocolate bars, and devoured cookies and cakes. As the end of my pregnancy neared, I had to find allergy safe recipes to satisfy my cravings as I wanted to eliminated all dairy and egg products from my diet. That is when I found the blog Food Allergy Mama. If you haven't tried any of her recipes then you are missing out. She has some great ones. My favorite is her recipe for chocolate chip cookies.

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

Now that baby E is 3 1/2 months old and I am in the midst of a elimination diet I needed to find new ways to get allergy-safe chocolate. Enjoy Life chocolate bars and chocolate chips are a must. But the other day I was craving cookies. First I tried to adapt the above recipe using gluten-free flour and soy and dairy-free margarine. The cookies tasted great (like warm cookie dough) but the texture was all wrong. They were super thin. That is when I remembered the blog Karina's Kitchen (aka the gluten-free goddess). Her recipe for chocolate chips cookies is absolutely amazing. Check them out.

Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 comment:

Mel said...

Thank you for passing on the chocolate chip recipe. It is indeed the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever made (maybe ever ate). Thanks!!